710 Sunrise Circle
Offered at $949,000
Perched on a knoll with unobstructed views, this lovely custom home offers an open floor plan with spacious main level living. Located in the sought-after neighborhood known as Morning Sun on the south side of Woodland Park, the home is only 20 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs. The focal point of the main level is the stunning great room with its 24’ peaked wood ceiling and full-on view of Pikes Peak. In fact, the house was designed to take advantage of the fabulous views resulting in Peak views from every major room in the home. Perfectly sized, the home offers great space with high-end finishes and thoughtful touches throughout.
At a Glance:
· Builder’s personal home
· 4,283 Square Feet with 2900 on the main, 983 on the upper level and 400 square feet of unheated but finished storage in the attic. (Note: this room measures 10’ X 40’ and is accessed from the laundry room)
· 3 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, office, bonus area and an upper level loft or 4th bedroom
· Two oversized 2-car heated garages. The garage on the west side has a 220 volt heater. The garage on the east side has radiant in-floor heat and a new upscale epoxy floor.
· Lush 1.57 acre lot overlooking open space with unobstructed Pikes Peak views. The lot also has a sprinkler system for irrigation.
· Fully heated driveway with 400,000 BTU gas furnace/glycol tube
· Premier outdoor living spaces that include 1,950 square feet of back patio/walkway plus 400 square feet on the covered front porch
· Stucco exterior with attractive stone & wood accents
· Composite roof with 50-year architectural shingles
· Pella windows with R-5 triple pleated shades
· 8’ Knotty alder interior doors and trim package
· Slab granite countertops throughout; Hand textured walls
· Refinished and expanded wood floors in the great room, dining room, office, hallway, walk-in pantry, powder room, kitchen and hearth room.
· 24’ vaulted ceiling in the great room; 10’ flat ceilings; Upper level with vaulted ceilings. All ceilings are insulated to include R-50 blown over all the 10’ flat ceilings and R-45 in all vaulted ceiling.
· In-floor radiant heating system with 7 zones powered by a Prestige 95% efficient boiler
· 75 gallon hot water storage tank with recirculating heat
· Two laundry rooms (one off the kitchen and one in the master)
· Encapsulated foam insulation in all walls: ICF R-50 foundation; Structural retaining wall on west side of the home
· As you approach the home, an impressive covered entrance sets the stage for more good thing to come. The covered entrance boasts 400 square feet of concrete porch, a peaked wood ceiling, wood columns and an oversized Knotty Alder front door.
· As you enter the home, there is an open entrance hall with a spacious coat closet on each side of the entrance. The entrance hall opens to the stunning great room that features a 24’ peaked wood ceiling with two ceiling fans, a wood burning stone fireplace and a huge wall of windows that frame the mountain views to include that of Pikes Peak. On either side of the fireplace there are built-ins. Additionally, the great room accesses the spacious back patio and opens to the gourmet kitchen to the left.
· To the left of the entrance, a hallway leads to the cozy formal dining room that has a convenient built-in hutch and a sunny bay of windows.
· Nearby, the gourmet kitchen and adjacent hearth room are the perfect spot for relaxing. The kitchen boasts a beamed ceiling, big center island, walk-in pantry and stainless appliances that include a refrigerator, double ovens, microwave, dishwasher and halogen cook top. Other kitchen amenities include a built-in wine rack, trash door, appliance garage and a large picture window that frames the views.
· The kitchen opens to the hearth room that boasts a comfortable sitting area with gas log fireplace and a sunny bay of windows. The hearth area also opens to a covered side patio that is plumbed for a gas grill. Two faux painted leafy trees add the finishing touch to this area.
· The laundry room has tiled floors, shelving, a doggy door and “pull down” ladder that accesses the 40’ X 10” storage area above.
· A powder room completes this side of the home.
· To the right of the entrance, the hall leads to an office and the master suite. The office has glass French doors and built-in cabinetry.
· The master suite is truly an adult retreat. The master bedroom enjoys patio access, big views to wake up to and lush new carpet. The master suite also has “his and her” bathrooms, two walk-in closets and its own laundry. Her bathroom has tiled floors, a soaking tub and a walk-in shower. His bathroom has tiled floors, urinal, and walk-in shower. This area also has handsome, “barn style” sliding Alder doors that provide access to the private master laundry. Lastly, there is a bonus area with access to the west garage. The bonus area has endless possibilities
· The expansive patio on the main level (accessed from the great room, hearth room and master bedroom) is the perfect spot to enjoy the fabulous views and to host those summer get-togethers.
· A lovely staircase with wrought-iron balustrades leads to the upper level where a dramatic catwalk overlooks the great room.
· At the top of the stairs, there is an inviting loft area that could easily be converted into another bedroom. The loft has a beamed, peaked ceiling and a glass slider that opens to small balcony with wrought iron railings. Again, the slider frames the mountain views.
· Full bath with slab granite counter, tiled floor and a tiled shower.
· Spacious bedroom that features a peaked beamed ceiling with ceiling fan.
· Junior master suite that features a vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan, walk-in closet and a private tiled bath.