Escape to Shangri-La
Tucked away on 9 secluded acres, this historic Broadmoor Estate offers a magnificent setting with lush gardens, numerous outdoor sitting areas and breathtaking views of the mountains and the Broadmoor Golf Course. Originally used as a “Polo Club” for some nearby polo fields, the property was later converted into a single family residence. The home was extensively remodeled in the 1990’s and again in 2005. The home has 7,227 square feet with a sprawling 5,503 square feet on the main level. Above the garage, there is an additional 747 square feet of additional living area. In addition to one of the best settings in all of Broadmoor, the home’s interior is stunning with its old world ambiance. Amazing ceilings, incredible light fixtures, fabulous fireplaces and expansive outdoor living areas complete this architecturally correct masterpiece.
Offered at $2,800,000
At a Glance
· A meandering gravel access road leads to the property where a driveway with pavers and ample guest parking await.
· Brick walkways; 53’ x 21’ Walled front courtyard with wrought iron entry gate, brick floor and fountain; Covered front porch with hand-hewn wood columns; Expansive flagstone patios in back with fountain, fireplace, numerous sitting areas and a large covered pavilion with beamed wood ceiling and built-in BBQ grill.
· Main residence with 7,227 Square feet with 5,503 on the main level
· 5 Bathrooms, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Office areas, 3-car garage
· Sound system throughout to include the patios
· Stucco & stone exterior; New concrete tile roof in 2015; Copper gutters
· In addition to cosmetic changes, the remodel in the 1990’s included all new electrical, new plumbing, new Pella windows and the addition of central air.
· The 2005 remodel included 10 sets of new Marvin French doors, major improvements in the landscaping and an extensive renovation of the interior to include moving walls and doorways.
· Radiant hot water heat in the main residence + Central air
· Hand textured walls.
- The front door opens to a lovely foyer with slate floor and a charming light fixture that is original to the house. At the far end of the foyer, there are two sets of glass French doors. One set opens the back flagstone patio; the other set opens to the office located on the left.
- Off the foyer there is a charming bathroom for guests that has a custom carved vanity and a steam shower. The powder room has a charming cedar door that also opens to the back patio. Convenient!
- To the right, a hallway with arched ceiling and slate floors leads to the spacious and comfortable dining room. This room offers a large chandelier, slate floors and a big French door that opens to the back patio. The dining room also has two sets of French doors that open to a cozy outdoor sitting area surrounded by gardens on the front of the house.
- Next to the dining room, the updated gourmet kitchen awaits. The kitchen is more than a kitchen because it offers not only casual dining but also a hearth area with ample sitting room and wood-burning fireplace. The kitchen/hearth area has beautiful slate floors and rustic hand-hewn ceiling beams. The glazed kitchen cabinets are mixed with Ash wood cabinets and Ash accents. All the countertops are black leathered slab granite with a tiled back splash. The appliances include a Thermador double door refrigerator & freezer, microwave, dishwasher and a Viking stove with two ovens, 4 gas burners and griddle.
- Off the kitchen, the laundry room has slate floors, double sink, glazed cabinetry and a door to the outside where a flagstone path leads to the 3-car garage.
- Elegant yet comfortable, the living room boasts a hardwood floors, a wood burning fireplace and an amazing hand-hewn wood ceiling with beams adorned by the original chandelier. On one side of the living room, there is an arched double door with shutters that opens to the handsome office. On the other side, three sets of French doors access the front courtyard.
- The office sits on the back of home and enjoys a wall of glass that frames the views beyond. Carpeted, the office features a plethora of built-in bookcases that tie into the massive crown molding. This room can be accessed from the living room as well as from the entrance hall.
- An arched door opens to a private hallway that has 4 double closets and leads the lovely master bedroom. The master bedroom has two walls of view windows, hardwood floors, a wood burning fireplace and a peaked wood ceiling complete with beams and two antler chandeliers. The master bath features flagstone floors, jetted tub, shower, bidet and a curved dual vanity with tiled countertops.
- There are two inviting guest bedrooms on the main level. Both of these rooms have hardwood floors and remodeled bathrooms with showers.
- Finished in 2005, the basement is a great teen getaway or guest apartment. The focal point of the basement is the rec room with its hand-scraped engineered wood floors and built-in entertainment center. The rec room also has door to the outside.
- To the right of the rec room, there is a gorgeous bathroom with mosaic tiled floor, claw foot tub and separate tiled shower. The vanity in the bathroom is a converted furniture piece with a slab marble countertop. Next to the bathroom there is a cozy guest bedroom with hardwood floors and sitting area.
- To the left of the rec room there is a carpeted office area with a big storage closet.
- Storage room
- Over the garage there is a heated bonus area with an additional 747 square feet. This space has electricity, new forced air furnace in 2015 and is plumbed for a bath/kitchen. Currently used as an office, this space would make a great guest suite, gym or art studio.