5010 Chipita Pines Drive
This spectacular custom home rests on a rolling 2.5-acre lot that abounds with lush vegetation, towering pines and spectacular views of the mountains. Located in a gated community, the home was custom built as a builder’s personal residence in 2009 at a cost of $1,900,000! As you tour the home, it is apparent that the home offers meticulous attention to detail and that no expense was spared during the building process.
At a Glance:
- 5,910 Square feet, 4 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Theater room, Office, Exercise room
- 4 passenger Thyssen-Krupp elevator with marble flooring and base, cherry wood paneling, music and brass handrails
- In-ceiling and in-wall speakers with individual sound systems on main level, lower level and theater. All rooms have individual volume controls. There are also speakers in the gazebo, front walk and on the patios.
- 5 marble and/ or stone fireplaces in the main house and a 36” stainless steel exterior grade fireplace in the gazebo. All fireplaces have gas logs. (Great room can be gas [currently] or wood).
- Solid alder 8-foot doors throughout with high-end hardware
- Solid 5.75” alder baseboards in all non-wet areas
- Custom-made marble base molding in all wet areas
- Solid marble flooring (with multiple insets/mosaics, and intricate patterns) or hand scraped, engineered wood flooring throughout except for the theater and exercise room which have commercial grade carpet.
- Granite, marble or onyx countertops throughout.
- Incredible volume ceilings (all 10’ or higher) to include coffered, double coffered, beamed, vaulted, barrel and domed ceilings
- Two wet bars
- 11 zone radiant heat system; 5-ton Central air unit for main level
- Top of the line insulation package including closed cell, open cell and blown in fiberglass used for thermal insulation and sound proofing
- Pella window and doors with phantom screens
- Three solid marble 10’ columns in main level great room
- Marble art niches and marble door surrounds on entry to kitchen, great room and hallway to master suite.
- Soft-close doors and cabinetry; Closet doors and pantry doors with automatic lighting; Under cabinet lighting on all cabinets
- Security system; Central vac
- Televisions built-in behind 2-way mirrors in living room and master bath
- Cat 6 wiring throughout; 400 Amp service
- High end chandeliers and light fixtures throughout the both the inside and the outside.
- Whole house water filtration system
- Custom decorator window treatments
- Faux painted accents and custom murals; Skip-trowel wall texture throughout
- Lush 2.5-acre lot with extensive landscaping
- Bronze horse statue
- Stucco and stone exterior with decorative corbels and decorative woodwork.
- Cement barrel tile roofing with 90-pound peel and stick underlay. Roof’s eaves are cedar lined. Oversized gutters and downspouts.
- Courtyard entrance with wrought-iron gate
- Paving stone driveway and walks (over 8000 paving stone used with rebar reinforced curbing.)
- 18 Panel solid mahogany front door with Speakeasy and twin side-lights
- 250 Tons of siloam stone used in retaining walls
- Established perennial beds with drip system throughout
- Massive stone walk that leads from the house to the gazebo that measures 14’ in diameter. The gazebo has both speakers and a gas fireplace. Great for entertaining.
- Poured concrete deck on upper level with gas line, gas grill and powder-coated steel railings. This deck has a spiral staircase that leads to the lower level deck, which is also poured concrete. Both decks have speakers.
- Detached 2-car garage, fully insulated, with oversized 18-foot wide door with pass through door and 240-volt outlet
- Attached two-car garage with radiant in-floor heat and hot & cold spigot. This garage even has marble stairs with wrought-iron railing that access the laundry room.
- All garages have gear driven garage door openers (as opposed to chain drive). All garage doors are insulated with cedar inlay exteriors.
- Satellite TV dish
- Breathtaking great room that consists of an entrance hall, dining room and living room. These rooms, all of which have marble floors, are visually designated by different ceiling treatments and the use of three carefully placed marble columns. The entrance hall, which features an inlaid medallion in the floor and a double barrel ceiling, opens to the fabulous great room that boasts a peaked ceiling with beams, gas burning marble fireplace, hidden TV behind a two-way mirror, faux painted accents and French doors that open to the concrete verandah. Perfect for upscale dinner parties or family gatherings, the dining room has an amazing coffered ceiling with faux painted panels. Next to the dining room, there is a lovely wet bar with arched opening. The wet bar has a slab granite counter top with natural edge, hammered copper sink, copper sculpture, dishwasher and a painted tile mural at the sit down bar. Off the wet bar, a lovely wrought-iron arched door accesses the wine room. The wine room features a cedar heartwood wine racks that hold more than 400 bottles of wine and a barreled brick ceiling with crown molding that conceals indirect lighting. Slate tile floors and slate baseboards complete the room.
- Two the left of the entry there is a lovely powder room with marble floors, double vanity and private water closet.
- To the right of the great room a bricked archway leads to the gourmet kitchen that boasts marble floors, cream cabinetry with a plethora of pullouts, walk-in pantry, built-in desk, hammered copper farm sink & vegetable sink, incredible 3 cm granite counter tops with 6 cm chiseled edge and a large alder center isle with abundant counter space. In addition to the vegetable sink, the center isle has a pot filler, hot water tap and a fantastic brass and enamel “La Cornue” oven with 5-burner gas cook top. Over the stove there is a 36” stainless steel hood vent with light. In addition to the La Cornue stove, there are two more ovens: a red Viking microwave/convection wall oven and second red Viking wall oven. The remaining kitchen appliances include a freezer/refrigerator that is 60” wide and a built-in Miele coffee center.
- Adjoining the kitchen, there is a cozy breakfast nook that features a faux-painted round coffered ceiling, a bay of windows and marble floors with an 8-foot inlaid medallion. The nook also accesses the concrete patio where a gas grill awaits.
- Off the kitchen there is a laundry room with doggy shower, ironing board, built-in bench and coat closet. The laundry room has charming sage green cabinetry and marble floors (of course!)
- To the left of the foyer, a lovely hallway with faux-painted barrel ceiling leads to the master suite. This hallway has two art niches.
- The spacious master suite boasts hand-scraped hardwood floors, a peaked ceiling with beams and ceiling fan, a marble & stone fireplace, private patio and a sitting area with second marble & stone fireplace. (Note: the sitting area fireplace is two-sided and is also enjoyed from the private patio.) The sumptuous master bathroom offers everything from a built-in two way mirror with hidden TV to a coffee station with refrigerator. The master bath features marble floors with inlaid medallion, dual vanities with under-lit art glass vessel sinks, built-in make-up vanity, slab granite countertops and “His and Her” water closets. (“Her” water closet also has a bidet.) The jetted tub has a slab granite surround. The frame-less, over-sized steam shower has dual rain forest showerheads; dual three-head massage sprays and dual thermostat controls. Off the master bath, there is a walk-in closet with built-ins and a peninsula with onyx counter.
Walkout Lower Level
- A marble staircase accesses the lower level. This incredible stair case has mother of pearl mosaic risers with brass inlays, wrought iron balustrades and solid cherry railings.
- The focal point of this level is the inviting family room that has hand-scraped floors, stone corner fireplace with gas logs, coved ceiling with crown molding, deluxe wet bar and an alder media center with surround sound and 65” built-in TV. The wet bar features an onyx countertop with under-lighting, rectangular hammered-copper sink with curved base and a wine rack. The wet bar appliances include a refrigerator, dishwasher and even a popcorn popper that is vented to the outside. The family room has 3 sets of French doors that access a covered patio, the office and the theater room.
- The office has a built-in wall unit, a wall mounted flat-screen TV and a lovely stone and marble fireplace with gas logs. The office’s sitting area has a bay of windows with circular ceiling.
- Glass doors in the office lead to a high-end exercise center with a commercial grade treadmill, reclining stationary bicycle and full mirrored wall with ballet bar. Off the exercise center there is two-person lie-down dry sauna.
- Leaving nothing to be desired, the theater room boasts an incredible ceiling medallion, crown molding, indirect lighting and stair case lighting. Fully equipped, the room offers a high definition screen; projector and hi-end equipment with 7 channels surround sound. There is also a conduit in the floor for Wii, Flight simulator and other controller games. In the room, there are 8 full power reclining chairs on two tiered levels. Four of the seats are equipped with “butt-kickers” that respond to the sounds of the movie. In addition to being sound-proof, the room has an air recirculation system.
- Also on this level there is a “junior master” and two additional guest suites. All of these bedrooms enjoy ceiling fans, closets with automatic lighting and private marble and stone bathrooms. The junior master also has a sitting area and a computer desk.
- Powder room with dual vanity and water closet.