The Main Residence at 4145 Omer Road
Nestled on the top of a hill, the main residence has commanding views of Pikes Peak, the mountains and the fabulous surroundings. Custom built by local craftsmen over a period of 15 months, the home was completed in 2009. The result? A stunning home that offers a resort lifestyle with exceptional quality, tasteful selections, spacious main level living and premier outdoor living spaces.
At a Glance:
· Stucco & stone exterior; Concrete tile roof; Copper gutters
· Covered entrance with peaked wood ceiling, stone columns, paver floor and big double doors with leaded glass.
· The home has a total 11,708 square feet with 4,547 on the main level, 932 on the upper level and 6229 square feet on the lower level with 4847 finished. In total, there are 10,326 square feet finished.
· There is roughly 2,108 Square feet of decking off the main level with paver flooring. The covered portion of the main level deck measures 21’ x 28.’ This covered portion of the deck features a peaked wood ceiling and a huge wood burning stone fireplace. The upper level office opens to deck with 111 square feet. The basement level has individual patios with paver flooring off all the major rooms. Each patio is flanked by massive stone columns that create privacy for each patio. These patios are all connected by a meandering flagstone walkway that leads to the in-ground hot tub.
· Master plus two guest suites, Upper level office or 4th bedroom, 5 ½ Bathrooms, Kitchen Office
· Resort amenities that include a Gym, Sauna, Steam shower, Indoor spa/ hot tub, In-ground outdoor hot tub for 8 adults.
· Radiant heat, Back-up generator
· Wine cellar, Hand textured walls, Soft-close cabinetry throughout
· Walnut woodwork throughout, 10” Baseboards, 8’ Walnut doors
· Security system, Wired for sound system
· Every major room has a walkout
· Oversized 3-Car heated garage with RV bay, dog grooming area and electronic dog door
· Heated driveway with paver flooring
· Covered entrance with stone entrance columns, paver flooring and leaded glass doors sets the stage for more good things to come. Upon entering, the spacious entrance hall with pecan floors and stone columns expands the length of the home.
· The focal point of the main level is the breathtaking great room with its lodge/ resort ambiance. The area offers dark pecan floors, stone accent walls, stone columns and a soaring peaked ceiling with massive beams. The great room has two distinct areas: a more formal living room area and a handsome TV/ library area. The living room area boasts a travertine fireplace with gas logs and a floor-to-ceiling wall of glass that frames the unforgettable view of Pikes Peak. To the right of the fireplace, there is a door to the back deck. The library area offers a plethora of built-in bookcases adorned with sconces, a built-in entertainment center, and wet bar and large view window.
· Continuing the lodge ambiance, the formal dining room also has a vaulted beamed ceiling a hand-crafted wrought iron chandelier, a stone wall with gas log fireplace and pecan floors. In the dining room, French doors open to the amazing back deck that expands approximately 65’ across the back of the home.
· A cook’s delight, the gourmet kitchen features a huge center isle with a raised walnut countertop for seating, pecan floors and beamed ceiling. The black kitchen cabinetry has slab Carrara marble countertops with a white subway tile backsplash. Additional amenities include a Shaw farm sink, a vegetable sink and French doors that access the covered portion of the back deck. The focal point of the room is the gas cooktop with 6 burners, griddle, pot filler and charming hand-textured flu that looks like old world plaster. Additional kitchen appliances include a Bosch dishwasher, trash compactor, double ovens, microwave, refrigerator and freezer.
· In the kitchen, rustic faux painted doors access the kitchen office which has alder cabinets and honed granite countertops.
· Off the kitchen a mud room/hallway leads to the garage, the walk-in pantry and the laundry room. This hallway has travertine floors, a built-in bench with storage and built-in cubbies.
· Next to the kitchen, the walk-in pantry features maple cabinets with honed granite countertops. The pantry even has a built-in rack for tablecloths!
· The laundry room has travertine tiled floors, white cabinetry with 2” thick travertine countertop, a double-door broom closet, a pull-out sewing table and a Shaw farm sink.
· To the right of the front door, there is a powder room that has an antique vanity with a round solid brass vessel sink, chandelier and faux painted walls done in a subtle mineral wash.
· The master suite waits at the end of the hall to the right. The master bedroom offers a bold, patterned carpet in black and gold; a wood beamed ceiling and French doors that access the back patio. The master bath, which is finished in Carrara marble, offers raised dual vanities with slab marble countertop, marble floor, big marble shower with two entrances and two water closets (his & hers). Off the bath, there is big walk-in closet that measures approximately 30’ X 11’ with walnut floors and walnut built-ins.
Upper Level Office:
· A lovely wood staircase leads to the upper level where a curved catwalk lined with built-in bookshelves looks into the great room. At the center of the catwalk, French doors with seeded glass panels open to a private office (or the 4th bedroom suite.).
· Flooded with light, the office has French doors that open to a private view deck and a large arched window. Additional features include a beamed peaked ceiling, storage closet, wood floors and a wet bar. The wet bar has slab granite counters, copper sink and under-counter fridge with a refrigerator drawer and a freezer drawer. . The office walls have been Faux treated with a mineral wash.
· The office has a private bath with a peaked ceiling, travertine floor, travertine shower and raised vanity with slab granite countertop.
Walkout Lower Level:
· At the bottom of the staircase, there is a travertine landing that flows into the hallway that leads to the rooms on this level.
· The main feature of the basement level is a huge rec room that has two distinct areas. These areas are separated by a stone accent wall that houses an arched fireplace with gas logs. Both of these areas are carpeted, have wood-beamed ceilings and both walkout to a private patio.
· Across from the rec room, an antique arched double door makes a grand entrance for a wine cellar. On the door, there is a really interesting latch that the sellers bought in Morocco. The wine cellar has travertine floors and holds 700 bottles of wine. Behind one section of wine racks, there is a hidden room.
· At one end of the hallway there is an exercise room and a spa area. The exercise room has a beamed ceiling with 3 ceiling fans, a mirrored wall, laminate maple floor, built in shelving for equipment and a walkout to a patio.
· The spa room has a built-in pool/ spa and a dry heat sauna. The floors in the room are a mosaic tile while the ceiling has impressive wood box beams and ceiling fan. The spa room also has a ventilation system and a big slider to patio.
· The adjoining spa bathroom has a tiled floor and a steam shower. The vanity in the bathroom is one solid piece of slab granite that serves as the countertop with the sink carved out of it.
· There are two large bedrooms on this level. Both bedrooms access the back patio and have beamed ceilings, walk-in closets and private tiled bathrooms with dual vanities.
· On this level there is a second laundry room for guests. This laundry has travertine floors and folding table.
· Huge storage room with a wall of shelves.
· Second storage room with shelving. Off the storage room, there is a utility room with additional storage.
Located on 223 gently rolling acres with nine spring-fed ponds, this exceptional property offers a magnificent main residence, 6 cozy one bedroom cabins, an amazing chapel, numerous out-buildings and a lodge or event center with an attached one–bedroom apartment. Hidden away at the end of a cul-de-sac, this piece of heaven is 10 minutes from Woodland Park and only 40 minutes from Colorado Springs. Priced far below replacement cost, the property is offered at $4,800,000.
At a Glance:
· Impressive stone entrance with wrought iron gates and intercom system
· 223 Acres with 7 miles of roads and trails.
· 3 Permitted wells (One at the main residence with a 1500-gallon cistern; one spring fed well at the lodge building; one by the mobile home with a 10,000 cistern that feeds the mobile home, barns and cabins.)
· 9 Spring-fed ponds with naturally reproducing fish
· Rule creek (year ‘round) runs through the eastern part of the property
· Natural gas and electricity to all buildings
· One lot, located at the entrance gate, is part of the Spring Valley Association which enables the owners of 4145 Omer Road to participate in Spring Valley activities, fish the Burgess Reservoir and use the common facilities to include an outdoor pavilion, playground.
· Zoned agricultural for lower taxes
· National Forest land borders the property on the east side
· Near the main residence, there is a lovely chapel. As you approach the chapel, the entrance feels like you’re crossing a bridge into another world. Inside, the focal point is a dramatic floor to ceiling window that peaks into the ceiling and frames the majestic view beyond. The chapel’s peaked ceiling also has beams and lovely golden pendant lighting. The chapel floor, which has radiant in-floor heat, consists of pavers that enhance the old world feel of the structure. The chapel could also be used for a variety of other activities such as for an art or yoga studio.
· A remarkable “Lodge or Events Center” that overlooks several of the property’s ponds is the perfect place for parties or large gatherings. As you approach, there is an inviting wrap around covered front porch. On either end there are big decks for your outdoor enjoyment. Inside, the lodge features a great room with a rustic pine ceiling, pine walls, tiled floors and free standing stone fireplace. Off the great room, you’ll find a large commercial kitchen that comes complete with a commercial gas stove, commercial dishwasher, two refrigerators, one freezer and an ice maker. There is also big bathroom with two stalls and two sinks, a large walk-in pantry or storage room and a craft room (currently a soap-making room). The craft room was previously a second bath so it could be converted back. On the south side of the lodge, there is a furnished one-bedroom apartment with private entrance and rustic finishes that include pine accent walls and a pine ceiling. The apartment’s kitchen, which comes fully equipped to include a gas range, features tiled floors and tiled countertops. The kitchen opens to the spacious living room area. The unit’s bathroom has a dual vanity with slab granite countertop, a tiled floor and tiled shower. A bedroom, a walk-in closet and a laundry room complete the apartment.
· There are also 6 cozy guest cabins on the property. These cottages all have either tiled or slate floors and charming pine accent walls. Each cabin has a bedroom, a ¾ bath and a sitting area with a kitchenette. The kitchenettes come complete with a sink, coffee pot, fridge and microwave. Outside, there are stationary barbecue grills next to the cabins for outdoor grilling. The cabins, which have radiant in-floor heat, come furnished.
· Located at the back gate, there is a 60’ X 16’ mobile home with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and laundry room with washer and dryer.
· Storage building (used to be a bathhouse) with commercial septic and radiant heated floors.
· Barn for small animals with radiant heated floors. (goats included!)
· Two huge equipment/maintenance buildings with a total of 10 bays. Both are heated, one with radiant in floor heat; the other with two mounted forced air gas units. (Oshkosh military equipment truck/snow plow included with sale.)