2835 Aquila Court - Ultra Vista
The pinnacle of the Colorado Lifestyle, this spectacular custom home boasts unparalleled views and an incredible setting backing to Pike National Forest. Inside, floor to ceiling windows embrace the expansive views that extend from the city and Cheyenne Mountain to the Garden of the Gods. Expansive patios and entertaining spaces harmonize outdoor splendor with indoor elegance enabling you to indulge in a resort lifestyle year round.
At a Glance:
· Built by Tom Hoag, one of Colorado Spring’s premier builders.
· Timberstrand construction (no settling, no cracks, no warping)
· Stucco exterior with natural Colorado moss rock
· Concrete tiled roof with a copper portion over the front library
· Stamped concrete driveway and front walkway
· Finished 3-car garage with storage, epoxy flooring, door to the side yard and a wall of built-in storage cabinets.
· Covered front entrance with copper clad front door
· Premier outdoor living to include a front flagstone patio with mountain views and a partially covered back patio with Brazilian Ironwood flooring, wrought-iron rails and built-in Weber grill. There is also an expansive stamped concrete patio with 10-person hot tub that is accessible from the walkout lower level.
· Two wood-burning, moss rock “Count Rumford” fireplaces in the grand great room; two gas fireplaces: one in the master bedroom and one in the hearth room.
· Vantage home automation lighting and security system that provides one-touch lighting and remote blind control.
· 8’ Alder doors throughout with Rocky Mountain Hardware
· Alder baseboards and custom Alder cabinetry with soft close drawers
· Radiant heat with 13 zones and instant hot water throughout with copper piping
· Central air on the main level
· Reinforced walls for art display or collections in grand great room
· Pella windows; Lightly hand-troweled walls
· Whole house speaker system; California closets throughout
· Fabulous landscaping
· The impressive entrance with its wide-plank hardwood floors, art niches, chandelier and two-tiered coffered ceiling with alder crown molding sets the stage for more good things to come.
· The entrance opens to the incredible great room that is truly an architectural masterpiece. This dramatic room features floor to ceiling windows that frame what has to be best views in town. Leaving nothing to be desired, the great room has travertine marble floors, 9” alder baseboards, two matching Count Rumford fireplaces and a soaring alder ceiling with two massive iron chandeliers. The fireplaces are built of natural moss rock stone and feature a 3” thick limestone hearth and a 6” thick limestone mantel. The great room consists of a formal dining area and a comfortable but elegant living room area. These two areas are visually separated by a peaked 17’ alder ceiling that lines up directly with the front door for a spectacular first impression and vistas beyond compare.
· The dining room has two built-in alder buffets with slab travertine countertops. One of the buffets has handy pullouts and the other has a warming drawer. Off the dining room, there is also a butler’s pantry that features alder cabinetry, a black slab granite countertop with chiseled edge, slate back splash with black diamond inlay, a dishwasher and a black sink with disposal. Across from the pantry, there is a convenient linen and accessory closet.
· The living room has two built-in alder display stations with slab travertine countertops and two built-in cabinets (one for your TV) that flank the fireplace. Off the living room, there is lovely wet bar that mirrors the butler’s pantry off the dining room. The wet bar has a copper sink, wine fridge and ice-maker … perfect for entertaining!
· To the left of the entrance, there is a powder room with wood floors, furniture vanity, crown molding and slate wainscoting with black diamond inlay.
· To the right of the entrance, there is a cozy library with hardwood floors and a plethora of alder bookcases and cabinets with pullout drawers for book storage. This room also offers a coffered ceiling with box-beams, a lovely chandelier and a large cathedral window with unobstructed mountain views.
· The gourmet kitchen opens to the inviting hearth room with fireplace. This area offers wide-plank hardwood floors and a peaked ceiling with impressive alder beams. There is also a breakfast nook area with chandelier and direct access to the back deck.
· The gourmet kitchen is a cook’s dream come true. The kitchen features slab granite countertops, gorgeous alder cabinetry and a large cream-colored center island with iron chandelier above. The kitchen appliances are amazing in their own right. The Wolf cooktop has two gas burners, a grill and a large “French Cooktop” - solid burner surface with concentric circles and warming perimeter. Behind the cook top there is pot filler; above there is a lovely custom flue. The large sub-zero refrigerator/ freezer has alder panels that look like a built-in cabinet with arched top. There are two sinks in the kitchen: a vegetable sink in the center island and a double under-mount sink with views out to the city. Both sinks have disposals. The remaining kitchen appliances include Wolf stainless double ovens, stainless microwave and two Asko dishwashers. But, there’s more! Additional kitchen amenities include a walk-in pantry, crumb catcher, two trash drawers, built-in corner “Lazy Susan” and pullout spice drawers.
· Off the hearth room, there is a mud room with direct access to the 3-car garage. The mud room has a convenient built-in bench, alder built-in cabinets, tiled floor and a second Sub Zero refrigerator with freezer drawer.
· Next to the mud room, you’ll find the “garden room” which was designed for gardening. This room has a vanity with sink, tiled floor with drain, vaulted ceiling that includes a garden roof window, and extra water faucet in the wall. This room has “green board” water-resistant walls. Designed for gardening, this room could easily be converted into an office, craft room, main level laundry or pet room.
· Guest bedroom with big cathedral window, barreled ceiling, double door closet and private full bath with tiled floor and tiled counters.
· The master suite boasts built-in alder cabinetry and slab travertine counter perfect for your morning coffee, a lovely gas fireplace with TV niche above, a bay of windows with chandelier and a double coffered ceiling with alder crown molding. The master bath boasts radiant heated tiled floors, glazed cream vanities with slab travertine countertops, water closet, sculpted ceiling and big tiled shower with bench, 2 shower heads, 2 massage jets and a hand-held shower head. Off the bathroom, there are “his and her” closets with a stackable washer and dryer in hers.
Walkout Lower Level with 9’ Ceiling:
· An alder staircase with wrought iron railings leads to the lower level. Above the staircase, there is a coffered octagonal ceiling with double crown molding and a large iron chandelier with frosted glass. The landing at the bottom of the staircase has an arched opening with built-in bench on the left and a built-in wine rack on the right.
· The staircase opens to a “pool table” room and a deluxe wet bar. The bar has black distressed cabinets with tiled slate countertop. The slate backsplash features tiles with wild animal figures etched in some of them. The wet bar, which has a fridge and a trash drawer, has a large arched opening to the pool table room. Although designed for a pool table, this room offers numerous options for other uses.
· Walk-in storage closet with shelves
· Tiled “spa” bathroom with water closet, steam shower, jetted oval tub and raised alder vanity. The spa opens to an exercise/game area that accesses the back patio.
· Large laundry with tiled floors and alder cabinetry with built-in ironing board. The laundry room comes complete with the washer and dryer.
· Utility room with a staircase to a large cement floored crawl space 5 feet in height suitable for storage.
· Located off the utility room, there is solid cement, fireproof “safe” room with ventilation, lighting and phone connection.
· There are two guest bedrooms on this level. Each bedroom has its own vanity and share a Jack and Jill bathroom with tiled shower and water closet.
· Large office with a bay of windows, two closets and a walkout to the expansive back patio.